Saturday, November 22, 2008

...you know i'm a dreamer...

well, i've returned from my visit to the magic kingdom. we had so much fun again. i felt a little like a buzz kill what with the shingles and all. i ended up with a little cold on top of all that. honestly, i couldn't catch a break. i was able to make most of the days comfortably. thursday was the worst for me. friday the best. wednesday was great at disneyland as there were absolutely no people there. we didn't have to wait for any of the rides we wanted to go on and it was so great to just go around without people just everywhere. it felt like it was all just for us. we have never seen it so empty. we were glad we chose friday to be the day where we did all the things the kids wanted to do again, shopping, princesses, fireworks, snow, et al. [great fireworks display by the way.] along with my sister's 40th birthday celebration my parents were celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary. 40 years ago, they went to disneyland for their honeymoon. i know it seems silly, but it's our family tradition. all of my aunts and uncles went as well.
it always feels so amazing to be home. catching up with sharon and di was great and i can't wait for breakfast with johna and jenn tomorrow. oh, flying on anti-anxiety meds is the only way to go. you will not see me flying without it ever again. i never escalated when the flight got bumpy and the time leading up to the flight was spent listening to my iPod and reading a magazine front to back. good times.
scully really missed me but her way of showing it is trying to lay on my lap and growl every time i move. it's really annoying. i've finally got her to just chill next to me.
the blazers are killing me tonight. the suns aren't playing that great and they could totally be killing them! nate must be losing his mind right now because my very last nerve is shot! there is a lid on that basket tonight! come on blazers!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I love the pic of you in the ornament - way to be fancy! Glad you got home ok - we had a long trip home made longer by the crazy LA traffic - come on people it is Sunday!!! Thanks so much for coming on vacation with us - you know we can't ever go without you!!!

    Love, Kris

    ReplyDelete